There are four categories of wood flooring on the market today:
- Unfinished Wood Flooring gives you a great opportunity for customization.
You select the species, stains and finish to customize the flooring for your space. Kitchen, Living rooms, dining rooms,
bedrooms and dens are excellent for unfinished flooring.
- Prefinished Flooring not only enhances any room but provides you with a factory finish warranty of
up to 25 years. There is a wide variety of flooring in almost any species of wood.
- Engineered Wood Flooring consists of layers of wood pressed together with the top layer being the finished
floor product. Many different species, colors and finishes are available. It is perfect for those areas of the house where
unfinished wood flooring is not suitable. Basements, bathrooms, utility rooms and kitchens are perfect rooms to install this
type of flooring.
- Floating Flooring can be installed almost anywhere. Floating floors are made of multiple layers of wood
constructed into a long plank with tongue and grooves along all four sides.
- Strip Flooring often makes a room feel larger as it is linear flooring.
The strips are usually 2 1/4" or 1 1/2" wide.
- Plank Flooring is wider in width than strip flooring but is also linear like strip flooring.
This type of flooring is often utilized for a country or traditional style.
- Parquet Flooring creates a geometric design with a series of wood flooring pieces. This flooring is very
versatile in decorating since it can be as simple or as elaborate as required.
- Antique Wood Flooring consists of trees that had centuries to grow and which were used in old barns and
factories built over 100 years ago. The floors can include the following types of antique wood: chestnut, douglas fir,
heart pine, oak, butternut and cypress.
- Wood Type - The most common wood species used for wood flooring include Red Oak, White Oak, Maple and
Brazilian Cherry. There are more than 22 domestic and imported wood species used.
- Borders & Medallions - These can add a wonderful touch to your wood flooring. They have become an
increasingly popular choice for many that want to customize their homes. There are many different options. With our inlays and
your imagination there is potential for unique and unlimited designs for your floor.